- First production Tr.9 Spitfire.
- First flown as a single seat LF.IX November 27 1943.
- Operated by 441 Squadron RCAF, wit h unit codes 9G
- Used by Pilot Officer Sid Bergman to shoot down a Bf 109 on September 27 1944.
- Sold back to Vickers-Armstrong July 1950 for conversion to Type 509 VS Tr.9 Standard.
- Sold to Irish Air Corps and delivered to IAC at Baldonnell during July 1951, becoming IAC158.
- Assigned to IAC's A Flight Fighter Squadron.
- Withdrawn from service April 1960 with just over 1,036 flying hours logged.
- Acquired by Film Aviation Services Ltd and moved to Biggin Hill in 1963.
- Sold to Tim Davies and moved to Elstree September 1964.
- ↑ Aeroplane Monthly July 1998
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.