The term 'Warbird' typically refers to vintage military aircraft that have since been retired from active roles in their country of origin. Typically, these aircraft include those from World War I, the Inter-War Years, World War II, the Korean War, and up to the late 1950s. These aircraft are oftentimes the only pieces left of an era long past and are critical to our understanding of the past. That is why it is so important to preserve them before they fade into history.
These links are called portals, they lead to the wiki centers for each type of information.
|World War I Portal||The Inter-War Portal||Korea 1950 Portal||The Cold War Portal|
|For all users interested in aircraft from World War I||For all users interested in aircraft from The Inter-War||For all users interested in aircraft from World War II||For all users interested in aircraft from Korea 1950||For all users interested in aircraft from the Cold War|
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
<createbox> width=24 break=no buttonlabel=Create new article </createbox>
Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.